In the lush green, well manicured tea farms of Tigoni, a highland town north of Nairobi, there is a myriad of cycling trails zigzagging through the former White Highlands (British settlement). Tea factories, holiday homes, exclusive vistas of Nairobi and the Great Rift Valley from a 7000ft vintage, and a cheese factory all line up the route for this tour. Brown’s Cheese Farm is one such quaint home in Tigoni, now an exquisite restaurant and cheese factory. Founded on a passion for delicious, fresh, additive-free cheese, this family-run business has been making cheese since 1979. Now open to guests for lunch, you can also have a slice of heaven in the 9 types of cheese coming straight from the factory. But first, a leisurely mountain biking tour through the beautiful Tigoni tea countryside and a lesson on cheese making. Bring along your non-cycling partner or children for a family fun and cheesy day!
- Perfect for Cross Country/Trail, beginner to experienced cyclists
- 45 minute drive from Nairobi
- Tarmac, jeep tracks and trails through tea farms and villages
- Trails accessible throughout the year
- What to see: Expansive tea and coffee farms, waterfalls, rivers, the Kenyan village life, cheese production, tea picking and the view of Nairobi, Ngong Hills and Mt. Longonot from 7000ft above sea level.
- Tours can range from 2 to 5 hours of riding (10 – 80 km)
- Tours available on THURSDAYS, FRIDAYS and SATURDAYS only with bookings at least TWO WEEKS in advance
- Bike rental option available at an extra cost
- Transfers from Nairobi available at an extra cost
|Comfortable athletic/cycling clothing, helmet, gloves and sunscreen lotion.
|Transfer From Nairobi